Hello friends!
Well, I'm on the road again -- hopped another 400+ miles and we're now teching at the new theater in northern California. Crew is fantastic and the 'look' of the show is coming together. Hours were spent today prepping the stupid amount of props used in the show while the crew diligently hung 'legs', hung lights, gobos, video projectors and more. Whew!
The show has once again GROWN, and we're needing yet another, even larger trailer for everything...Which we'll probably wind up purchasing in about a month or two. Can't wait! (This particular trek was a 'slow & steady' one, as I felt like the trailer tires were cursing at me the entire drive due to the weight. All I could do was apologize continuously out loud, and gently pat the dashboard in a futile effort to spur the car on to the final destination. Trust me, I looked like an idiot. And what exactly would I say to the mechanic who comes to fix the broken axle in the dead of night as I sit stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere?
So, new trailer it is!
We're currently producing two shows right now: my 'solo' show - "The Chipper Lowell Experience!" and our larger stage production - "BLiNK! - An Incredible Evening of Award-Winning Magic!" which also features some of the TOP STARS of magic working today. Both have received some really nice reviews and we couldn't be happier. Especially in this wicked economy. Both shows tour the United States at different times, and the change is a nice one as it affords me the opportunity to change and create new comedy and magic routines all the time.
Also in the 'NEWS' is a possible new TV special which I'll be a guest star on, doing 'my thing' and providing laughs from 'left of center'. Scheduled to tape before a live audience in October - Promise to keep you all posted as the date approaches.
That's it for now - must get sleep, as the gym comes early and I want to make sure my alarm doesn't wake me up in time for it. : )
Take care!
Chipper : )
website: WWW.CHIPPER.TV
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment